BARON COLLISION CENTER is part of the fast growing Group 1 Automotive, a leader in automotive retail. We are looking to add qualified Automotive Body and Collision Technicians to our team.
Baron Collision Center is proud to be recognized as a Gold Class collision repair business. The Gold Class recognition indicates that as one of our Technicians you will be trained in the proper repair techniques and procedures that contribute to the complete and safe repair of our customer’s vehicle.
We are among only 10 percent of collision repair businesses to achieve Gold Class status. Take your career to new heights and come join our team!
Sign on bonus for qualified ICAR certified Technicians.* see store for details.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid Time-Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Vehicle Purchase Program
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
- Participation in Technician Development program.
What you will do:
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Check parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed. Documents and additional parts and labor required to perform a satisfactory repair.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Check parts against estimate and ensure proper parts are ordered and received.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and vendors.
Experience we look for:
- One or more years related experience as a collision repair technician with structural collision and frame experience preferred.**
- ICAR or ASE certifications in auto body repair, painting and estimating, a plus.
- Certificate from Vocational School in Collision a plus.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged vehicles including bodywork and when to replace or repair parts.
- Ability to read and following instructions on repair/estimate orders.